Learning about IT and IT to support your learning
Digital skills - supporting your studies at Oxford
The IT Learning Centre offers a wide range of workshops and courses, both teacher-led and online. Topics include:
- Document design
- Data analysis
- Web design
- Digital media
- Administration and Office tools
- Teaching and learning with technology
Courses are low cost, typically under £10 per module to cover resources; access to Lynda.com is free.
For a full list and booking, see our courses pages.
Lynda - free online video courses
Get free access to high quality online courses for business, creative, and technology skills in your own time, even on mobile.
WebLearn Virtual Learning Environment
WebLearn is Oxford University's virtual learning environment, where you can access course-related materials on your desktop and mobile. WebLearn also facilitates collaboration, communication, group work and assessment activities in support of teaching and learning.
Your department can provide the following in WebLearn:
- Structured lesson materials
- Course handouts
- Course calendar
- Recorded lectures
- Group work
- Tutorial booking
- Reading lists
- Past exam papers (OXAM)
- Email list and archive
- Oxford podcasts
- Assignment submission
- Quizzes, surveys and polls
- Researcher training opportunities for graduates
- Plagiarism awareness and other online courses
Use your Home area in WebLearn for your resources, links, calendar etc. and an online file store (100MB) for personal use.
Guidance on using WebLearn
- Dedicated web site for smartphone users
- Search for a library book and be guided to the libraries that have it in stock
- Look at a map of Oxford to find colleges, departments, libraries, and the nearest pub, cafe, postbox, etc.
- Get a live feed for bus stops in Oxford telling you when the next bus is arriving
- Get access to the University’s podcasts
- Quick search for phone numbers and email addresses of staff and students and lots more