With the internet as one of our primary means of communication, it's important that visitors to our websites and other applications can easily access content of interest to them. Web accessibility is about enabling any user to access content in a way that works best for them.
Open to all members of the university, this webinar series will be of particular interest to website owners, managers, content editors, designers, web developers and testers. Delegates will be able to watch as many sessions as they feel are relevant to them. The webinars can be accessed anywhere, using a standard internet browser. Anyone with a keen interest in accessibility is encouraged to participate.
All webinars will be held from 3-5pm on the dates shown. To book and find further information, please visit the online booking system and search for ‘Web Accessibility’, or follow the below links:
- 20 February 2019 Key Accessibility Design Considerations for Designers
- 20 March 2019 Adhering to an Accessibility Policy
- 10 April 2019 Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers - Part 1
- 17 April 2019 Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers - Part 2
- 1 May 2019 Key Accessibility Considerations for Developers - Part 3
- 15 May 2019 Key Accessibility Considerations for Editors
The webinars will be provided by the charity AbilityNet who have experience providing accessibility consultancy services to Barclays, Microsoft and many other blue-chip companies. They are experts in providing information relating to assistive technology and digital accessibility while striving to promote digital inclusion, and are also involved in a number of research projects.
For any further queries relating to the content of the webinars please contact the IT Services Testing Team (email@example.com) and for booking enquiries please contact the IT Learning Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org).