Sharing files and personal web space
- Can send to and receive from anyone with an email address
- Can send and receive emails up to 100 MB in size
- Find out more about Nexus email
- Login to Nexus
- Can be used by anyone with an Oxford SSO account
- Aimed at collaborating on documents, but can be used for a wide variety of other uses – working on a research document, writing something that your tutor can see, keeping documents relating to your club or society, etc.
- Allows multiple versions of documents and version control
- 1GB file size limit
- For more information, see Introduction to SharePoint and the SharePoint Support site
WebLearn is Oxford University's virtual learning environment, where you can access course-related materials on your desktop and mobile. You can create and store materials in your Home area (100MB personal storage).
- Must be set up by someone with an Oxford SSO account
- Once set up, can send to and receive from anyone approved by owner
- Files can be up to 25 GB
- Self-tidying: files are automatically pruned after a (user-selected) fixed period
- Can send out notification when files have been uploaded/downloaded
- Basic security (encrypted file transfer, server verification, and user access control) is included by default
- Find out more about Oxfile
- Use Oxfile
Personal web space
- Available to anyone with an Oxford SSO Account
- 100 MB of personal web space
- Develop your own website
- To activate the web space, and later to check space and usage, visit Manage Web Space.
NOTE: Personal web space is viewable by anyone in the world with an internet connection. For private items, use WebLearn.