Managing increasing amounts of digital data safely and effectively can incur considerable costs and effort. Getting it wrong could result in losing your precious data, but it could also lead to data breaches, possible fines, and reputational risk.
Luckily, help is at hand. Approved by the University Information Security team for all kinds of data, including confidential material, the new University of Oxford Digital Archive Service (DigiSafe) provides a secure, affordable system for storage, management, and long-term preservation of digital material.
Colleges, departments and research groups are invited to sign up and take advantage of this valuable new resource.
DigiSafe is an opt-in subscription service. Subscribing units will receive access to an easy-to-use, flexible, cloud-based platform, offering storage and tools for secure, compliant data preservation.
DigiSafe features include:
- Long-term archiving (10+ years) of infrequently accessed material
- 100% data integrity with four copies of all files
- Secure lifecycle from upload to long-term storage
- Simple upload/download facility (drag-and-drop)
- Easy access to archived files, with ability to quickly pre-view the material
- Simple workflows for non-archival specialists as well as advanced functions for professional archival use
- Customisable retention schedules and workflows for managing personal and sensitive data
- Scalable and flexible to fit the needs of different departments.
More information and signing up
More information, including a sign-up form and frequently asked questions (FAQ), can be found on the DigiSafe pages or by contacting the service manager, Ylva Berglund Prytz.