IT Services provides key IT infrastructure and advice for academics (including postgraduates) across the University: delivering IT-related project tasks and helping researchers to think creatively about how IT can be used in research.
Advanced Research Computing
Our Advanced Research Computing (ARC) service supports researchers in departments across all four Divisions of the University. We provide access to state-of-the-art high-performance computing resources, along with training, application software and support to enable research ranging from machine learning and genomics to computational fluid dynamics.
Research Support Services
If you’re thinking about undertaking research with a digital component, our research technology consultation service can guide you through the tools, practical expertise and support available to help you manage your research.
We can help researchers develop their approaches to the collection, processing, organisation, sharing, preservation and reproducibility of research data. We can advise on the technical aspects of funding applications – for, example, tasks like creating a research data management plan. We can also advise on implementation, and help you make sure you’re doing everything needed to meet any funder requirements and data protection responsibilities.
Specialist areas that we cover include:
- data visualisation
- digital humanities
- electronic lab notebooks
- open data and free/open source software licensing
- open development and collaboration methodologies
- research data management
- reproducible research
- digital tools advice
- websites for research projects, particularly using the Oxford Mosaic service
Through our Educational Media Services, we can film your talks, conferences and research impact videos, make audio or video presentations and publish via Oxford’s Apple podcasts (formerly iTunes U) and the University Podcasts site.
Support for research across the University
To broaden the support for researchers, we work closely with colleagues in other parts of the University:
- the Bodleian Libraries, our partners in Research Data Oxford
- the administrative Research Support team, who provide advice on the business aspects of the research process such as funding and contracts
- IT Support Staff in departments and colleges, who provide local support that complements our service