Improve your digital data management and analysis skills
Sign up for a short, focussed, teacher-led course
Do you need to improve your data analysis and management skills? The IT Learning Centre has a great range of courses which will help you:
- get started with specific data analysis software tools
- save time by applying best practice techniques when using Microsoft Office
- plan and manage your research data
Here's what some of our previous delegates have said about our data courses:
"A really engaging and knowledgeable tutor, I enjoyed the session, and it has helped with my understanding of what databases are and what I need to do."
"…gets into the nitty gritty of troubleshooting & fixing errors in Excel…"
"Excellent presenters who clearly have expert knowledge and explained everything very well. This is a very practical course which really shows what the software can do and how best to use it."
"…well judged for someone with no R experience at all…"
Choose from the selection of courses listed below; the links take you to the full course description and available dates this term.
- Databases: Planning a database
- Databases: Starting to build a database
- Databases: MySQL introduction
- Databases: MySQL further technique
- Excel: Good practice in spreadsheet design
- Excel: Good practice with charts
- Excel: Good practice with lookups
- Excel: Good practice with pivot tables
- MATLAB: First steps
- NVivo - Walking before running: Code and retrieve
- R: A first look
- Research data: What you need to know
- Research data management plans: How to write one
- SPSS: Up and running for academic research
- Stata: A beginner's tour
- Stata: Data access and management
- Stata: Data manipulation and descriptive statistics
- Stata: Statistical analysis and graphs
- Statistics: Designing clinical research and biostatistics
The IT Learning Centre offers an extensive collection of IT-related courses taught in person and online. Search the complete course list on our website.