Many tools and technologies are available to help you stay productive while working from home. Below is a list of our most popular resources, which we hope provides all the IT guidance you need at this time:
- Remote working tools and guidance - Our Work remotely web page contains lots of useful information about the technologies available to you, how to access the University's most popular systems, and links to more detailed information and 'how-to' guidance.
- New quick start guides - There are new, easy-to-follow guides for a number of popular services including Teams, Chorus, and VPN. Links to these can be found in the ‘Quick start guides’ section on the Work remotely web page.
- Running committees remotely - Our 'quick start guide' for committee chairs and attendees has all the information you need to run a successful meeting online. This can be found in ‘related links’ on our Collaboration web page which has other useful resources and links as well.
- Getting the best from the tools available – LinkedIn Learning 'playlists' with short videos to help you get the most from Nexus365 and other tools can be found on the IT Services Work remotely page, or you can go direct to our IT skills remote working and productivity page.
- Using Nexus365 Teams - The ‘IT quick help guides’ link on the Work remotely page will take you to guidance for using Teams effectively. Complete this short form to request a new Team, but remember you don't need a Team to use the software for online meetings.
- Staying safe online - We recommend you review this useful working from home advice about online security. More guidance is available on the University's Information Security website.
- Teaching remotely - For those of you preparing for next term, lots of useful guidance for teaching remotely is also available on the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) website.
In addition to the above, the Human Resources and IT questions and answers guide, with lots of valuable information, is also regularly updated.
We hope you find this helpful. Don't forget you can also follow IT Services on Twitter @ox_IT for useful hints and tips.