At Oxford, Nexus365 Teams has become our lifeline, helping all of us stay connected while we are away from our usual place of work or study.
Update 21 July
If you have a couple of minutes, please complete our two-minute Teams survey and tell us about your favourite Teams features and what you'd like to see in the future.
New features available now
Microsoft are responding to feedback and continue to develop new features for Teams to support education. Keeping track of all the new functionality can be tricky, so here is an update on the latest features to be rolled out and some advance notice of what’s coming next.
Coming later this year
- 7x7 video view showing 49 screens is planned for this autumn
- Virtual breakout rooms where participants can easily be called back to the main meeting will also be available later this year.
How to get help and advice
For help and advice on Teams features and how to use them, any member of Oxford University can join the Nexus365 User Group to find tips and tricks, quick start guides and more. It’s easy to join:
- In Teams, go to 'Join or create a team' (at the bottom of your Teams list)
- Select 'Join a team with a code' and type in LNJVOFR
- Click 'Join team' and you're in!
To learn more, you can also join one of our courses, instructor-led or on LinkedIn Learning. Find out what's on at the IT Learning Centre.
The 'Files' icon keeps track of all documents you've edited, shared or opened. Lost a file? Can't find something you've been working on? You can quickly check the last items accessed - not just in Teams but in other Nexus365 services too (such as Excel Online, OneDrive for Business and eventually SharePoint Online).