Teams and Nexus365 have become part of our daily lives. We may work in several locations – in the office, home, lab, library, or a shared workspace. So, we need to develop skills to manage our documents and effectively collaborate with our colleagues.
You can learn to make smarter use of Teams and Nexus365 by attending one of the IT Learning Centre's short courses, or at your own pace using self-learn resources. Further information about what's coming soon is available below.
Don't miss out, register your interest now
Courses can fill up quickly so, if you'd like to attend one of the below courses, please sign up to the waiting list [link updated February 2023]- you will be notified when the courses are scheduled and open for booking.
A private course can also be arranged just for your group to get them up to speed with Teams. Please contact the team to find out more about booking private courses.
Nexus365: Teams Up and running
This workshop is the place to start. It includes:
- Getting started in Teams
- Saving documents and files in the Team cloud
- Sharing and co-editing a document
- Instant messaging
- Video and audio calls
- Scheduling and organising an online meeting
Nexus365: Next steps with Teams and OneDrive
This course will take your Nexus 365 know-how to the next level. It covers Microsoft Teams and OneDrive functionality, including:
- Navigate different areas of the Teams app
- Practice various strategies for scheduling meetings
- See up-to-date video meeting functions and tools
- Organise and use Teams channels
- Explore the storage and sharing capabilities of OneDrive
Nexus365: Forms - Up and running
Explore the different ways you can use Microsoft Forms to support your work. You will build a form, learn how to share it, and find out how it integrates into a Teams channel:
- Introduction to Forms
- How to create a survey or quiz using Forms
- Using branching and feedback options
- Collaborating and sharing
- Using forms within Teams (channels and meetings)
Nexus365: Collaborative working skills toolkit
Learn how to use various Nexus365 apps to create and collaborate on your work and projects:
- Learn how to work collaboratively using Teams and OneDrive:
- Share your work using OneDrive
- Record a video using PowerPoint
- Receive feedback on your presentation skills using Speaker Coach
- Create a record of your work using OneNote
- Narrate slides using Rapidmooc
Learn at your own pace
Handy self-learn resources are also available to help you learn at your own pace.