Thesis writing - courses and guides
Everything from composing a thesis statement to analysis skills, abstract writing and much more
No idea where to begin? Lost for words? There's no doubt that writing a thesis or dissertation can be a daunting task, but if you get off to a good start, with hard work, the rest will follow.
Thesis writing guide
To help you plan and find your way, our talented teachers have curated a short list of videos which you'll find in this easy-to-follow guide. It includes everything from how to compose a thesis statement to analysis skills, writing an abstract and much more. Here are some of the resources you'll find:
fundamental skills such as time management, dealing with stress and organisational skills
- research skills including organising your outline, literature reviews and formulating a hypothesis
- analysis skills such as gathering and analysing data, qualitative analysis and statistics
- communication skills including writing a summary, editing and proofreading, and presentation skills
Explore the thesis and dissertation writing guide and choose the sections that are useful for you.
Thesis writing courses
In addition to the above guide, the IT Learning Centre offers courses especially designed to help you with thesis writing. Three Thesis and book design (Word) sessions are available this term:
- 9-10 May (teacher-led online) - further details and booking
- 25-26 May (teacher-led in person) - further details and booking
- 14-15 June (teacher-led in person) - further details and booking
Book now for one of these excellent opportunities and learn valuable skills for making your thesis the best it can be.
Don't forget you can also explore LinkedIn Learning and learn new skills for free.