AV Technical Co-ordinator
The post is based in the IT Learning Centre of the University’s IT Services. The IT Learning Centre offers over 200 IT skills courses and workshops per term to members of Oxford University. The Centre also organises national and international conferences, summer schools, award ceremonies and regional workshops for delegates from across the UK higher and further education sector.
These learning events are held in our Thames Suite at IT Services, comprising seven fully equipped learning spaces, meeting rooms and other event venues within the collegiate University. In total, around 15,000 delegates attend courses and events each year.
You will join an enthusiastic team in supporting the delivery of this wide-ranging programme and supporting other groups who hire our teaching venue. The role has responsibilities that cover the setup and maintenance of the software, hardware and audio visual facilities that are key to the success of the IT Learning Centre activities, together with the administration of room bookings and payments.
- Experienced in supporting computing, educational and AV technology, including installation of software
- Experienced in office and/or training administration, with an attention to detail and accuracy when handling records and financial data
- Able to solve common technical problems with the ability to think creatively and find workable solutions within short time frames
- Excellent customer care skills and effective communication and liaison skills (written and verbal) when interacting with a wide range of contacts, both commercial and academic
- Proficiency in standard Office applications such as Excel, Word and email
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to act on your own initiative and as a member of a team, and able to prioritise work assignments and projects to meet varying timescales and deadlines
- A demonstrable track record of being reliable and punctual to support the delivery of a time sensitive service
- Ability to quickly integrate into the team and become an effective team member
- Experience of using computer-based financial systems (the University currently uses Oracle)
- Experience of using a support ticketing service (IT Services currently uses ivanti HEAT)