Chief Information Officer (CIO)
The CIO provides leadership for the delivery of IT services for the University to support the global academic status of Oxford. The role includes leading the development of the University IT strategy and roadmap while setting the mission and vision of IT Services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in related, sector-leading, large, cross-functional teams and/or enterprise-wide programmes, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organisation and within complex contexts
- Demonstrable experience in IT strategic planning, organisation design and development
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments by taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalisation of the organisation
- Significant experience in budget planning and financial management
- Experience of, or demonstrated knowledge of, the issues faced by the higher education sector