Maintaining the input and output of tapes into the HFS Tape Library system including transportation offsite of tapes once per week. Managing the data centre access control system, including cabinets and maintaining client mailing lists. Checking the environmental systems in the departmental data centres and recording/reporting any anomalies.
- Education to A level, BTEC, NVQIII or equivalent standard
- Knowledge of a Unix environment and PC and MAC applications
- Good interpersonal skills are necessary to deal with members of the University from all levels
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience of working in IT in a university environment
- The skills and experience to become an effective member of the team as quickly as possible