This Kick-off will introduce you to the Python programming language, covering all the major concepts and its features.
During the course a problem is posed and, following along with your instructor, you will use the knowledge you’ve gained to solve it by writing small Python programs. Computers and computer programs are based upon logic, so there is some logical thinking required as well as a little basic arithmetic. You will:
- Learn to write simple Python programs to help you solve problems in your own problem domains.
- Become familiar with, and able to use and describe, the intrinsic object types in a Python programme.
- Find out how to extend your own programmes using external code libraries.
- Learn about the structure of a typical Python 'solution' (scripts, modules, packages etc).
- Be able to decompose your own work into component modules where necessary or desirable
Places available: Thursday, 16 March 9.15am - 4.15pm
Further details and booking information.