Finance Assistant (Purchasing to Pay)
The Finance Assistant (Purchasing to Pay) is part of the Purchasing team within the Finance group of the department. This team manages the Purchasing to Pay processes of the department, including planning, purchasing operations and asset management. In addition, the team provides specialised IT purchasing services to other University departments. The purchasing system is a complex administrative process that involves the use of Helpdesk systems, MS Access and Excel, and Oracle Financials.
This job offers an excellent opportunity for working in many aspects of purchasing administration in a University department. This post will report on a day-to-day basis to the Purchasing Manager.
The post holder works closely with other Finance team members. The job involves contact with a wide variety of people at all levels, both within the department and beyond, including support and academic-related staff within IT Services and supported departments and colleges, staff within Finance, and internal and external suppliers. Excellent communication skills and a flexible approach are essential in this role.
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and good customer service, with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Previous experience in a financial role
- Strong IT skills: proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail, well organised and able to prioritise
- Proficiency in spoken/written English
- Appropriate use of initiative and proactive problem solving
- Comfortable working independently but able to collaborate in a team