Head of Desktop Services
The Desktop Services team is part of IT Services. It provides desktop computing and some infrastructure services in UAS and the Bodleian Libraries. This includes services critical to the functioning of University: electronic resources in the Bodleian libraries, training rooms in IT Services and data and desktop computing services for staff in UAS and Libraries.
This is a senior role within Customer Services. The team is responsible for providing IT support to UAS (including IT Services) and the Bodleian Libraries. This includes some 2,700 users and over 3,000 PCs/laptops across more than 75 locations.
- A university degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Substantial management experience, including staff management, within a modern IT support and help desk environment
- Thorough knowledge of modern PC hardware and software, especially Windows, Microsoft Office, networking and anti-virus software, and familiarity with the issues and techniques associated with providing them to end-users in a large-scale, corporate environment
- Experience in exercising warranty and maintenance agreements with suppliers and third parties
- Strong user orientation
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of budgeting principles
- Experience of leading technical projects
- The skills and experience to become an effective member of the team as quickly as possible