Head of Security Operations
The Head of Security Operations leads the team which has responsibility for the delivery of the information security operations elements of the information security strategy and ensures that this is aligned to University objectives, legislative requirements and industry good practice.
The Head of Security Operations will lead the Oxford Computer Emergency Response Team (OxCERT) in performing information security monitoring, threat analysis and vulnerability management. In addition, OxCERT is responsible for responding to, and managing, information security incidents.
The ideal candidate will be a technical security professional with strong leadership skills, be able to build effective relationships easily, and possess an excellent knowledge of information security operations within a university environment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing information security operations or incident response activities within a highly complex organisation with devolved structures and multiple stakeholders
- Significant, demonstrable experience and expertise in one or more of the following: network and systems security, Unix/Linux systems administration, TCP/IP networking, intrusion detection/prevention and malware analysis
- Excellent understanding of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for activities associated with planning and implementing technical IT security arrangements
- Demonstrable experience of providing leadership, motivation, challenge and oversight to an expert technical team
- Demonstrable experience of defining and embedding a culture of highly visible, responsive and effective service provision within a team
- Be a role model with a high work ethic, strong professionalism and a pace setter for themselves and the team
- Ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and effective collaborations with other teams
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage resources within a collaborative team-based environment, including rapid response to incidents, threats and new technologies
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Understanding of legislation relevant to incident response, network monitoring, investigations and handling of illegal materials