The role of the Information Manager is to have oversight and editorial control of the content of the department’s documentary and technical web sites. The post holder is expected to provide guidance and support for all parts of the department in the provision of technical documentation, undertake or commission technical authoring as appropriate, and have a proactive view of the quality and usefulness of the department’s offerings for staff, students and other IT professionals. The post holder will be expected to work closely with the Service Desk and IT Support Staff Services to ensure material is suitable, and to take an active part in user consultation and engagement.
- A degree in an IT-related subject
- A high standard of general IT literacy and experience in academic IT support
- Good knowledge of web standards and content management technologies
- Demonstrable experience in technical writing and editing
- Experience of commissioning and managing content from technical writers
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, suitable for an academic audience