Integration Manager/Business Architect
We are looking for an experienced Integration Manager/Business Architect to work closely with our new BizTalk development team working on some high priority integration projects.
The post holder will take a lead role in the creation of end-to-end functional specifications to facilitate the seamless and successful operation of business processes that span across different systems and services used by the University.
The post holder will play a crucial role in working with the BizTalk development team to ensure technical feasibility of the solution and to ensure that the resultant business processes take advantage of as yet underutilised BizTalk capability as far as possible. As such the post holder will need to be experienced in the full life cycle of development including design, build, test and deployment of middleware solutions and will have a strong understanding of SOA principles and integration approach.
The post holder will need to have an appreciation of business and data architecture principles and be able to ensure that system interfaces operating within different systems of the same functional area as well as across different functional areas are developed in a manner that retains the consistency and integrity of data.
The post holder needs to understand the development principles around decoupling of systems, re-use of services, processes and interfaces, abstraction and canonical models.
The post holder will have a track record of producing high quality specifications, and be able to use a variety of business analysis methods to elicit, document and evaluate requirements from various sources and reconcile any conflicts.
The post holder will be able to map current and future business processes and identify quality concerns, working with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to determine the underlying issues and take responsibility for driving the discussion to reach a resolution. As such the post holder will be articulate and result-oriented, possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely with customers where required.
In addition the post holder needs to create and execute a cross-functional integration project plan and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. They will need to manage operational aspects of a project, priorities and scope on a day-to-day basis.
The post holder will prepare the necessary documentations for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures and minimise project exposure to risks and issues.
The post holder will have the ability and the skill to develop an understanding of, and document using appropriate artefacts, cross-functional system and data dependencies.
The post holder will have excellent problem solving skills, be self-motivated and have a strong proven track record in meeting deadlines within a multi-project environment.
The post holder will also understand the importance of setting and ensuring adherence to standards and good working practices and procedures to underpin the work of the team.
- A high level of general education to degree level or equivalent
- Proven business and data architecture experience gained on major IT projects
- Demonstrable experience in analysing and documenting complex business processes
- Experience of working on configuring software packages as well as working on a variety of projects, including large software implementations
- Experience of all stages of the project life cycle, in particular system integration testing and assisting with user acceptance testing
- Proven ability to manage, plan and take responsibility for a range of tasks involving interaction with, and the co-operation of, business and IT people, including the agreement of technical solutions
- The ability to develop effective working relationships with all stakeholders including business and technical staff and external suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate confidently and effectively with users at all levels
- Proven project management experience, including the successful implementation of a sizeable enterprise-wide application
- Proven experience of participating in, managing and influencing large scale business change initiatives
- Proven accountability for sizeable budgets, and adherence to these budgets for the projects delivered
- Proven successful risk mitigation and quality management experience
- Demonstrable experience of implementing middleware solutions (such as BizTalk) to handle integration of IT systems
- A thorough understanding of relevant integration design patterns, such as enterprise service bus, service oriented architecture, enterprise application integration
- Knowledge of BizTalk artefacts including adapters, orchestrations, XML schemas/maps, pipelines and functions
- An understanding of the BizTalk build and deployment process, including managing and deploying changes
- Knowledge of the BizTalk Admin console for monitoring and managing BizTalk applications
- Experience of working with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of the higher education environment