IT Support Staff Services Administrator
The IT Support Staff Services (ITS3) Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a number of central IT services. This includes handling email and telephone support calls, administrative tasks supporting our online shop, software licensing and specialist services, plus arranging and supporting a number of meetings and events for IT Support Staff.
You will work as part of a small team in a busy and varied environment. The team handles over 2,000 support calls each year, some requiring same-day turn-around, manages the distribution of around 50 software titles, and processes sales totalling around £100,000 in the online shop.
The successful candidate will have proven customer service skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and have good attention to detail.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using standard office software, such as Microsoft Office, including preparation of typed documents, accurate use of spreadsheets, email and calendaring
- The ability to communicate clearly in written and oral forms, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and demonstration of a 'can-do' attitude
- Experience of working as part of a team in an office environment
- Experience of delivering services to customers, ideally in an IT context
- Ability to prepare clear guidance or instructions for users, both written and orally
- Effective personal organisation, including prioritising and planning work to meet deadlines
- Ability to research, organise and analyse information on a variety of topics
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, and a willingness to resolve situations, as well as knowing when to refer issues to others
- Experience of organising and managing workshops, courses, conferences and other events
- Familiarity with using an online Service Desk tool for tracking and resolving customer enquiries
- Knowledge of the higher education sector, particularly the University of Oxford