Junior Project Manager
The post holder will define, manage and deliver projects within IT Services, typically with budgets below £500,000 or where the parameters have already been pre-defined as part of an approved proposal with an agreed budget.
The post holder will have financial responsibility for assigned projects and will be responsible for the performance of PPDG staff assigned to their projects.
This role is a developmental, entry-level role to project management. It is expected that the post holder, once sufficient experience has been gained, would be able to take on tasks commensurate with the Grade 9 Project Manager role.
- A high level of general education to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Previous experience of managing and motivating a team, including both business and technical staff, and of working effectively as part of a wider, multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to manage, plan and take responsibility for a range of tasks involving interaction with, and the co-operation of, business and IT people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate confidently and effectively to users at all levels
- Experience of using industry-standard project management methodologies and tools
- Proven successful risk mitigation and quality management experience
- Experience of working in a complex environment where there is a wide range of parallel and mutually dependent activities
- Proven experience of managing, influencing and participating in business change initiatives
- Proven negotiation skills, including managing third-party supplier relationships
- Proven accountability for budgets, and adherence to these budgets for the projects delivered
- Experience of working within the University, or a similar organisation, and an understanding of the higher education sector