Media Support Officer
Media Support Officers work in the Educational Media Services team. The roles support departments to create and publish high quality educational media in the institutional media channels. The key publishing channels to support include https://www.ox.ac.uk/itunes-u/ and http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk and the University livestreaming service and Replay Lecture Capture.
Oxford, like many UK universities, is witnessing a rise in the demand for media support and at the same time is exploring new projects and technologies in the areas of livestreaming, podcasting, digital video and digital creativity. The Officer will assist and advise senior academics, researchers, communication officers and senior administrators on planning and carrying out complex media projects and the role needs excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as technical experience. The post holder will deal with enquiries and manage the recording, cataloguing and editing of both live events and studio work. They will need to carry out regular training to acquire additional skills in media management technologies and will help set the direction of the publishing channels. Some early evening and weekend work will be required as many of the high profile events in the University take place at these times.
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Up-to-date hands-on experience of media production techniques, cameras, audio-video codecs, video streaming, computer troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Proven media editing skills of complex multi-camera projects involving editing graphics, animations and FX work using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid or similar
- The skills and knowledge to give expert advice on media production and recording equipment
- Awareness of the legal, technical and accessibility issues involved in creating and publishing media content on the web
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to show a pleasant 'can-do' manner and attitude to staff and students at all levels of the University
- Excellent written communication skills and video editorial skills to work with senior stakeholders to create media often summarising specialist information for a wider audience
- Ability to organise and manage a busy workload and to prioritise a variety of routine duties with the minimum of supervision, both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- Experience of delivering AV training in media production techniques
- Experience of web design and content management systems
- The skills and experience to become an effective member of the team as soon as possible