Portfolio Support Analyst
The Portfolio Management Office team provides high quality support to the IT Services portfolio of projects and programmes. The team is based in the Office of the CIO and consists of up to five Portfolio Support Analysts, a Senior Analyst, a PMO Administrator and a PMO Manager. The team as a whole supports all aspects of programme and project delivery, including the provision of up-to-date best practice standards and guidance, monitoring and control, reporting, resource management, risk and issue management and quality assurance.
The role of the Portfolio Support Analyst is to work closely with the Programme Managers, offering support and assurance at both programme and project level. They will be aligned to a programme or portfolio of work, and produce reporting and analytics for that area to inform the governance at Board level, and work closely with the Project Managers in their area to offer support and guidance to ensure that projects are delivered successfully. They will be able to assist with advice on a range of project delivery activities, such as planning, financial management, risk and issue management. They are required to build effective working relationships with all members of the IT Services department, as well as external stakeholders, in order to ensure a pragmatic approach to delivery and the appropriate application of the project management methodology.
- Experience of working within an enterprise or departmental PMO in an IT department/function
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management methodologies, and experience of both waterfall and agile delivery approaches
- A strong understanding of IT programme and project life cycles
- Understanding of how to define and manage risks, issues and dependencies at a project/programme and portfolio level
- Understanding of the processes to transition projects to business as usual and the importance of effective service transition
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of communication approaches, and experience of presenting, delivering training and facilitating workshops
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and experience of building constructive relationships with people at all levels of an organisation, challenging effectively and gaining commitment
- A confident, proactive, positive and energetic approach with a willingness to get involved in all aspects of project support
- Strong skills and expertise in project planning techniques and plan maintenance
- Excellent organisation skills, time management, attention to detail and accuracy
- Prince2 Practitioner or similar professional project management qualification