Replay Lecture Capture Service Manager
The service offers the automated recording of lectures across all departments and shared teaching spaces, available to view by Oxford staff and students.
The post holder will provide leadership and management of the lecture capture team within Educational Media Services, working closely with a wide range of staff (technical and non-technical) to develop and deliver an excellent user experience. This post includes management of staff delivering a high quality, user-focused lecture capture service to students and staff in support of the University’s learning and teaching, research and public engagement activities.
The post holder will contribute to the leadership, overall success, strategic development and management of the lecture capture team alongside the section manager and act as owner of a number of high profile services, projects and user policies.
- Relevant degree, or ability to demonstrate substantial relevant experience delivering media services in an educational, commercial training, e-learning or new media context
- Proven experience of web and media technologies and standards, including experience and understanding of issues around delivering video on the web, and supporting complex AV installations with an ability to understand both needs in terms of technology and user experience
- Service management and customer relations experience, with proven organisational and planning skills
- A track record of success in IT project management, proven ability to estimate, identify and manage resources to deliver complex projects to agreed budgets, schedules and quality
- Experience of preparing financial and target-based budgets
- Experience of delivering change in a project-focused IT environment
- Excellent people management skills with proven experience in negotiation, team leadership, time management, motivation and coaching