The post holder will take a lead role in the Software Solutions group in developing and supporting applications built with Microsoft ASP.Net and Dynamics CRM.
In particular they will:
- be responsible for development of bespoke business application written in a combination of ASP.Net and MS Dynamics systems. This will mostly involve development work as well as some co-ordinating and directing the work of other developers. ASP.Net and MS Dynamics has been chosen as the strategic development platform for many new applications and will be used to replace many of its existing Access databases. The department is currently running Dynamics CRM 2015.
- be willing to learn and/or take the lead on other Microsoft technologies such as BizTalk, SharePoint, SSIS, SQL/TSQL, VB.NET and C#.NET. These tools are used in a variety of other University systems and in time, this post would engage with these systems.
The post holder will have a thorough knowledge of the use of ASP.Net and Visual Studio as a development tool in large organisations and will be a source of technical expertise to the team and will lead the design, coding and testing of developments in these technologies.
The post holder will be expected to develop a thorough knowledge of the business systems within their area of responsibility and will be a source of technical expertise to the team and will lead the design, coding and testing of developments.
As a technical specialist lead, the post holder will take on a number of specific responsibilities that support coherent development policy and procedures across the systems they are responsible for, such as:
- source control and release management
- development standards and code reviews
- quality assurance
- development technologies
- documentation standards
- code optimisation and performance tuning
- technical infrastructure
In these areas of technical specialism, the post holder will be responsible for agreeing, implementing, reviewing, managing and maintaining common approaches for the entire team. They will provide leadership, training and supervision, where appropriate, to other developers. The post holder will be expected to act as a role model in ensuring best practice in software development and the application of correct procedures and standards across the development team.
They will develop systems or ensure changes are made to a high standard.
They will be required to prioritise, estimate and schedule work, reporting status to their manager on a regular basis and notifying them of any scheduling or workload / resource issues.