Senior Project Accountant
IT Services has a Finance team which is split into three main areas: Purchasing, Projects and General Ledger with a manager heading up each section. The IT Services Finance team is headed up by a Head of Finance.
Activity and expenditure on IT projects has increased significantly in recent years and will continue to increase in the next few years to a steady state of £30 million per year. It is the responsibility of the Projects team to establish and operate the appropriate financial controls in order monitor and report on this.
- Hold an accounting qualification such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA. Exceptional candidates qualified by experience will also be considered
- Proven experience in a large accounting environment with proven accounting, budgeting and planning skills
- Experienced in communicating financial information, management accounts, processes and functions to non-financial staff, including senior management and administrators. In particular, demonstrable experience in negotiating with and persuading non-accountants
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills, especially in communicating with and developing staff
- Knowledge of project accounting
- Good analytical skills, able to analyse large volumes of data and be able to identify key risks or trends
- Good understanding of financial systems and strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and complex formulae
- Proven ability to establish and maintain multiple relationships to a high level of effectiveness, engendering confidence from a wide range of stakeholders
- High levels of personal effectiveness, particularly co-ordination, organisation and the ability to focus on achieving deadlines, ensuring that timetables/project plans can be met