Senior Test Analyst
The role requires an exceptional person who has extensive functional and non-functional testing experience. They will have performed manual and/or automated testing using industry standard testing tools. They will be able to work on their own initiative and take the lead in all stages of testing within a project. They will need to gain a thorough understanding of the IT Services testing strategy and standards for testing, applying these to their day-to-day work. They will be experienced in an extensive range of software systems and will be expected to a gain good understanding of the systems that IT Services develops and supports.
The Senior Test Analyst will be an excellent communicator with the ability to deal effectively with the functional and non-functional teams within IT Services as well as business users. They will work closely with IT Services teams and the business system owners through influence and negotiation to ensure effective testing is achieved. They will provide estimates for testing and advise on the best approach for effective testing. The Senior Test Analyst will also co-ordinate UAT and assist in the preparation of UAT test scripts.
The Senior Test Analyst will act as a source of expertise on testing for IT Services. They will be an advocate of testing, have a thorough understanding of the importance of testing and will be responsible for advising on best practice. They will review and maintain testing standards and documentation. Where testing involves colleagues without formal testing experience, the Senior Test Analyst will provide technical knowledge, mentorship and training to achieve an effective testing outcome.
- ISEB / ISTQB qualification in Software Testing to practitioner level or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Experience of using a test management tool
- Extensive experience as a functional test analyst
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience as a lead tester, taking responsibility for managing your own workload and directing the work of others
- A thorough understanding of risk-based testing
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communications
- The ability to work within, and contribute to, a team environment and build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, users and colleagues within the wider project team
- The ability to work on your own initiative and manage your own workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of using automated functional and/or performance test tools, including the production of advanced test scripts and the ability to write reusable scripts
- Experience as a non-functional test analyst
- Experience of working in the higher education sector