Service Desk Analyst
The IT Services Service Desk is the central point of contact for IT queries from academics, students, staff and IT Support Officers in colleges and departments. The Service Desk sets the standard of behaviour for customer engagement, playing a key customer advocacy role, developing and delivering services that support customer needs and inform IT Services objectives.
The team act as customer champions, offering specialist advice and support on IT-related issues while providing customers with the best possible service and conveying a sincere willingness to help. The team comprises Service Desk Analysts, Senior Service Desk Analysts, Service Desk Team Leaders and Service Managers.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for the effective delivery of a customer-focused, professional IT support service. Service Desk Analysts are expected to work effectively as part of a team, supported by Service Desk Team Leaders, Senior Service Desk Analysts and Service Managers. Service Desk Analysts work with autonomy, delivering a consistent, high quality service following departmental processes and procedures. Analysts take ownership of incidents and requests and collaborate with colleagues within IT Services and beyond in order to deliver innovative, appropriate and timely solutions through a telephone, email and appointment based service.
This is a fast-paced and varied role, requiring excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a broad range of IT knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An active / empathic listener
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to be prompt and punctual
- Experience of working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues and look at the wider picture in order to provide solutions through a variety of problem solving techniques
- Drive, self-motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Ability to work accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service
- IT support experience within higher education institutions
- ITIL Foundation or higher
- Knowledge and experience of using ITSM tools and systems
- Knowledge and experience of supporting range of IT applications, platforms and technologies