New look for IT Self Service
A new, improved look and feel to help you request services and get IT help more easily
From 4 July 2022, IT Self Service will have a new, improved look and feel to help you request services and get IT help more easily.
Although there are familiar features, the site is more flexible and user-friendly, making it quick and straightforward for you to raise and manage your support calls and requests.
What are the differences?
Some of the most useful new features include:
- Easily seeing all of your open items at a glance from the home page.
- An improved look and feel, making submitting a Service Request or asking for help much easier.
- More detailed information gathering, helping us to action your request more efficiently.
- Adding favourites for the Service Requests you find most useful – just click the heart. They will then show at the top of the list, or in your favourites list.
- Browsing by category – for instance if you are a student, just click ‘for students’ and the items students use most frequently will appear.
- Personalising your view by changing tile sizes and adding favourites.
- An improved search function, making it easier to find what you are looking for.
How to find IT Self Service
IT Self Service can be found through the IT Help website on the right of every page.
Once you’ve found it, you can bookmark the page in your favourite browser. If you bookmarked the old version, your link will still work, but we recommend renewing your bookmark to point to the new location.
For the best experience, we recommend using your desktop computer or laptop. For other ways to contact us, please visit the How to get IT support page.
Create personal favourites for the requests you use most often by clicking on the heart icon on the right-hand corner of any tile or while completing a form. Your favourites will then appear at the top each time you log in. To remove, click the heart again.